Beast Megatron is a major antagonist in the Transformers franchise. Sadly, he was butchered badly in Netflix's War for Cybertron Trilogy.
Why He's Not Our Beast Megatron, No
- Beast Megatron was flanderized and derailed from a hammy, smart, and vile archenemy into a huge stereotypical fanboy for Megatron.
- His motivation in Kingdom is far too different from his original motivation in the original Beast Wars.
- He acts too much of a fanboy to Megatron, as said earlier
- His voice is too high pitched and doesn't stay faithful to the original voice, which David Kaye perfected in.
- Another thing is that his quote "Yes." also doesn't sound very faithful as it sounds more of an insult.
- He was originally a smart mastermind but became an idiot who's dependent on the original Megatron.
- While not incompetent, he can act like an idiot at times, as said earlier.
- For some reason, he somehow irresponsibly lost some of his other fellow Predacons like Tarantulas, Terrorsaur and even Waspinator off-screen. What is worse is that he is responsible for their deaths during their war against the Maximals and takes no remorse for it.
- He was so egotistical that he brutally injured Dinobot and left him to bleed to death which also makes him very psychotic.
- Compared to Optimus, he was never a good leader. While he is also shown to have poor leadership, the only difference from Optimus is that he's too obsessed with trying to prevent Megatron from becoming Galvatron.
- His only real purpose in the story was to give Megatron the Golden Disk.
- Because of his actions, he's the Beast Megatron with a No!
Redeeming Qualities, Yes
- His toy is quite good.
- His design is very faithful to his old design.
- Despite acting like an idiot at times, he is not incompetent, unlike the show's incarnation of Optimus Prime.
- He did make a good point about Optimus Prime's failure in the bad future he was from and did acknowledge that Megatron's a better leader than Optimus.
- This version of Beast Megatron can be funny at times.
- Beast Megatron was a much better character in the original Beast Wars and outside of War for Cybertron Trilogy and massively redeemed himself in IDW's 2021 Beast Wars comic book series.