Batman, also known as Bruce Wayne, is a character in the DC Extended Universe, having debuted in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He is portrayed by Ben Affleck. Unlike previous incarnations of Batman, this version of Batman has been flanderized to death in the DC Extended Universe.
- Batman is portrayed as an angry, paranoid cynic who spends over half of an entire movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice planning to kill Superman. You know, Batman, the superhero whose most well known trait is that he never kills anyone.
- In fairness, Batman has indeed killed people in multiple incarnations before, but whenever he does he's given a reasonable explanation why. However this version of Batman doesn't have a good reason to kill, he just kills for the sake of being edgier than his other version in The Dark Knight.
- Batman never gives a proper reason to want to kill Superman other than paranoia.
- Batman's irrational hatred towards Superman is immediately forgotten after the infamous "Save Martha" scene, no less than 10 minutes after it happens he calls Superman "a friend" without any mention of him attempting to murder Superman in the previous scene.
- His personality is very, very stale.
- He is very out of character in the DC Extended Universe in general; especially in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League.
- By extension, he also makes many one-liners that don't fit the character that was established in Justice league. Noticeable examples include:
- "I'm rich!" when Flash asks what are Batman's powers.
- "I'm not the one carrying a pitchfork" to Aquaman.
- "Maybe temporary" when asked about why he's making a team.
- His infamous cringe-worthy "Why would you say that name?" line.
- Ben Affleck portrays him decently and his performance is often considered of the film's few saving graces.
- The scene where he single-handedly takes down Luthor's armed men is admittingly pretty awesome. It's one thing that's actually faithful to Batman's character.
- He made a memorable speech in the end of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- He is yet to get a different role in Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League.