Batman, also known as Bruce Wayne, is a character from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Universe which started with the miniseries Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. While maintaining much of his mainstream counterpart's qualities, even with the dark nature of the narratives.
This will only be focusing on his characterization from the comic, All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder, who in turn is a sociopathic "hero" that is hated by Batman fans and critics alike.
Why He Is The Goddamn Worst Detective
- To get the bat out of the window on the similar in vein to the infamous 2011 pilot version of Wonder Woman, Batman is horribly depicted to be an unheroic, sociopathic "hero", who broke his morals of killing and brutalizing people (particularly criminals) and kidnaps future sidekicks by abusing them instead of adopting them, something that the mainstream counterpart of him would never do.
- He suffers from a poor grasp to his mainstream counterpart in an attempt to make it more darker and mature. Like when he kidnapped Dick Grayson, the first original Robin, instead of adopting him from corrupted police officers and speaking of them Batman doesn't bother taking said officers to custody.
- He treats Dick Grayson poorly and leaves him in the bat cave while forcing him to eat rats.
- His dialogue is incredibly crappy such as naming himself the "goddamn Batman", which became an internet meme. While other words in his dialogue that he would never say was with the word, “cool”.
- He never takes off his mask once until issue 9.
- He is considered to be the most villainous incarnation of the caped crusader whom some fans would consider him to be a new member for Barbatos and his Dark Knights from Dark Nights Metal, if it were.
- He never goes to sleep for weeks and focuses more on crimefighting, making him a self-centered rich brat who barely cares about his family's wealth, Dick or Alfred's feelings for him as a father figure.
- He barely tries to take Jocko-Boy Vanzetti (the man who shot Dick Grayson/ Robin's parents in this universe) to the GCPD, instead he just.... injures him and throws him in the river.
- He verbally injures criminals, but not in a good way, along with crashing through cars.
- Whenever he smiles evilly, this makes him much eviler than the Joker, who is also the "real" main antagonist of that comic.
- He even becomes even more murderous when he uses bleach to burn criminals alive while he and Black Canary make out, as Batman’s been cheating on romantic love interests such as Catwoman and Vicki Vale.
- As much as he acts, Louis "Linkara" Louvhog would point out that this Batman isn't Bruce Wayne and might be some imposter named "Crazy Steve", who took his batsuit.
- Violently tortured Green Lantern when he and Robin paint themselves in yellow (in order to use fear because said yellow was from the yellow lantern ring that his archenemy, Sinestro and his self-named corps use) only that he is increasingly jealous about Green Lantern and the rest of the Justice League being very competent.
- He even has GUNS in the Batcave, something his mainstream counterpart would never use but as museum props.
- Before becoming Batman when witnessing his parents’s deaths as a little boy, it is stated by him that he TOUCHED HIS MOTHER’S BREAST WHICH IS SEXUAL HARASSMENT.
- He views Superman and other superheroes as incompetent as mentioned in WHIGWD#12.
- He treats Alfred, who is a father-figure and butler, like a harmless slave to him and often grabs him up for thinking that Alfred disobeyed his orders, which completely ruins why he raised Bruce like this.
- He is also responsible for turning Dick (said first Robin) into the "new" Joker which was hinted at and shown in Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Strikes Again before All Star Batman and Robin, The Boy Wonder was made after 3 years which was to fill in the blanks of Dick Grayson's whereabouts before becoming the “new” clown prince of crime, which is very insulting and a disgrace.
- His design is great and is much like what Jim Lee's Batman looked since Batman: Hush.
- In issue 9, he does feel sorry for Dick about his dead parents and does hug him in a cemetery where Dick's parents were buried.
- He is better in the older comics.
- He was supposed to be hated.