Barney the Dinosaur (seasons 9-14, Barney's Great Adventure)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: This page needs some improvement
Barney the Dinosaur is the titular protagonist of the 1992 PBS TV series, 'Barney & Friends, and its 1998 movie adaptation, Barney's Great Adventure. He is a purple-colored dinosaur who is brought to life from a plush doll of him. His friends include BJ and Baby Bop.
Sadly, he was flanderized during seasons 9-14 and Great Adventure.
Why He's Not Super-Dee-Duper Anymore
- For starters, he has been flanderized from a funny, intelligent and caring dinosaur into an annoying, unfunny and overly happy dinosaur.
- His voice can still be annoying. It doesn't help that his voice has become a bit more nasally and older sounding.
- His design has taken a notable downgrade from the one in seasons 1-8, as it looks creepier than before. This is especially notable in the movie, as his design looks more awful and poorly made than ever, not to mention his blinking mechanism acts wonky at times.
- His songs have gone from tolerable and pretty well, to annoying, grating and even ear-bleeding to some people. His song, "Imagine" from Great Adventure is the worst offender out of all of these.
- Hypocrisy: In the episode "Everybody's Got Feelings", he claimed that feelings are important, yet in a future time, he didn't claim that and he claimed the opposite thing over and over again.
- In the movie, his talk with BJ to find the rainbow egg showed another sign of hypocrisy coming from him.
- Likewise, in his sleepover scene with Abby, he just did nothing to her. And he was sleeping loudly (due to his snoring), which annoys her.
- In the episode "Easy as ABC", his ABC blocks are very poorly made and pirated from other stores.
- All of the lessons he has taught in the previous season have become worse than before, and to make matters worse, he repeats them to all of the children.
- He was a much better character in the first eight seasons, since he had a lot of good humour, and he wasn't as annoying as he is now.
- His design, despite its downgrade compared to the earlier seasons, can be seen as adorable.
- He can still be helpful in some episodes.
- Despite his songs being annoying and not as great as before, they still sound very good to listen.
- Dean Wendt did a decent job voicing him, despite being nasally and older sounding and Carey Stinson still did a good job wearing the Barney suit.