"Don't let your kids watch it!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: No reason specified! Replace this with
Why Brooklyn Guy Should Intentionally Put Her in a Nursing Home
- She is an extremely abusive mother towards Brooklyn Guy, both physically and verbally. In fact, she doesn't really have that much of a personality, other than being a one-dimensionally abusive mother.
- It's also never explained why she treats Brooklyn Guy awfully, aside from a brief moment in "The Funeral!" where it is implied she hates him because he has multiple jobs, even then, it's a stupid reason to hate on someone.
- At least with Bowser, there were moments where he showed love for his son, Junior. Plus, in "Mario & Luigi's Stupid and Dumb Adventures Episode 23", we find out that Bowser was abused by his human mother, Margaret, which is an understandable reason for his antagonistic behavior.
- She favors her other son, Jonathan, while she hates on Brooklyn Guy.
- She is also a massive hypocrite at her worst. She constantly accuses Brooklyn Guy of "not caring about her", even though she never cares about him. In "The Funeral!" she got mad that Brooklyn was not sad when she faked her death, even though he had no reason to feel sad for her, as she didn't even leave him anything in her will and insulted him in it. She also admitted to Brooklyn Guy's face when he was in fifth grade that she wouldn't go to his funeral.
- In "Jeffy's Squeaky Door!", it's hinted that she would beat Brooklyn a lot. When impersonating her, Brooklyn even admits that she said she enjoyed beating him.
- All she ever does is berate Brooklyn Guy and even brags about her favoritism towards Jonathan in Brooklyn Guy's face, which is extremely aggravating. What doesn't help is that it is the only thing she does in every video she's in.
- In "Brooklyn Guy's Thanksgiving!", when Brooklyn Guy starts choking on the Thanksgiving dinner, neither she or the rest of her family bother to help him. Thankfully, Karen does to save him.
- She went as far as faking her own death in "The Funeral" just for an April Fools' Day joke (as the movie was released on that day) and to test her son’s love for her. This could’ve made viewers happy that she’s dead, but seeing how the episode was uploaded on April 1st, it made the twist very predictable, and it's very big slap in the face.
- Her design is generic and bland. She looks like Simmons if he was on drugs and wearing drag to look like an old lady. Not helping is that she also sounds like Simmons, albeit with a different accent.
- There's this running gag surrounding her relationship with Brooklyn Guy's partner, Simmons which is considered gerontophilia since Barbara is an elderly woman.
- She is also abusive towards other children as shown in "The School Bus!", where she threatened to inflict any physical harm to Junior and the students if they break any of the bus rules. Ex: She threw her own granddaughter Penelope out of the bus when she thought she was using cologne. She even went as far as trying to force Cody to eat his own vomit.
- Not to mention, she doesn't even recognize that Penelope was her granddaughter either.
- Like Jonathan, she almost never gets any comeuppance for how she treated Brooklyn Guy. There is not even a single cathartic moment where Brooklyn Guy puts Barbara in her place, making her a Karma Houdini. What's even worse is that in "The School Bus!", according to Barbara Guy, the police department apparently loves her, implying that they are willing to give her a slap on the wrist, no matter what terrible crime she commits, giving her a mean girl complex.
- She's even abusive to Jonathan when he messes up. In "Jeffy's Trophy!", when he apologizes for not getting a strike, she hits him and tells him that he sucks ass just because he didn't get a strike!
- Lance does a good job at voicing her, despite the flaws.
- Despite being a Karma Houdini, there are times where she gets what she deserves.
- In "The School Bus!", she got her comeuppance as she was left stranded on the road after Jeffy hijacked the bus and locked her out.
- In "Jeffy's Trophy!", she got disqualified from the 25th Annual DeLuna Lanes Bowling Championship after she got exposed for using steroids.
- Like with Jonathan and Karen, she is supposed to be unlikeable so that the audience will sympathize with Brooklyn Guy.
- Despite being abusive, she's nowhere near as bad as Nancy, as at least Barbara never tried to kill Brooklyn Guy out of greed.
- "JONATHAN ANSWER THE DAMN DOOR!!!"
- Her voice sounds like Shrek with a Brooklyn Accent, because both are played by Lance Thirtyacre.