Aya Asagiri (Magical Girl Site)
Aya Asagiri is the main protagonist of the psychological horror magical girl manga, Magical Girl Site. She is introduced as a 14-year-old school student who is bullied at school and beaten by her brother at home. She discovers the Magical Girl Site, which gave her a magic stick for her misfortune.
- Aya is incredibly a weak main protagonist who is bullied at school and beaten by her brother at home. Then she discovers the Magical Girl Site that gives her the magic stick for some purposes of her misfortune but this led her to have deadly consequences.
- The manga/anime tries to paint her as if Aya was the most misfortunate girl in the world, but the problem is it shows. Just as she acts like a complete moron and not a smart learner who tries to get away from her bullies by not telling her teachers. Instead, Aya teleports one of the bullies and led them to die on a train along with letting Kaname (who was crawling to get Kosame's magic stick to heal him from his neck bleeding after slashing Nijimi with a sword in self defense while he was stealing magic sticks) being kidnapped by Detective Kichiro Misumi.
- She's like Madoka Kaname, the main protagonist of Puella Magi Madoka Magica if she was even much tragic than Aya was. The only difference is that Madoka is actually likable, while Aya is a little likable.
- She is much of a coward, but a frightening girl.
- She has no reason for her bullies and her brother Kaname, to treat her like a harmless punching bag.
- Of course, she never bother to tell her parents or teachers at all about Sarina's or Kaname's.
- We see Aya getting herself into trouble with having her ruined school shoes in the locker, having her school table vandalized, drowned in the toilet, being punched, kicked, and even choked by her brother, Kaname, who wants Aya to help him relieve his stress from his father's "expectations".
- She is nothing more than a Mary Sue.
- Despite this, she is no less than a Butt-Monkey throughout the series.
- She contemplates herself dying by getting herself killed on a train. But, is unable to do that in fear.
- She lets her cat, Mya die in a train accident by Sarina and her friends, despite Aya didn't want to adopt the cat.
- Her magic stick's ability was to teleport things, that's it.
- Despite being the main protagonist, she feels more like an assist rather than like a fighter.
- Lots of IDIOT MOVES:
- In the first chapter and episode of the anime, she shoots and teleports Erika and Shota to a nearby train to death, INSTEAD of taking them to a safe place or summon the police or her teachers or principals.
- When she was trying to save her friends after Yatsumura lost her lifespan, she instead lets the site admin live and tried to save her friends.
- When Sarina told her to shoot the site admin, INSTEAD, she just teleported her to another place rather than turning her back into a normal girl.
- At the end of the last chapter, she doesn't get to see her biological mother since Aya just wants to live with the Asagiri family.
- Her character design is cute to look at.
- She does become a brave girl in later chapters when she was able to fight against the site admins.
- She is a nice girl than her mother who wouldn't do those harsh things like Sarina, Kaname, or Rina.
- She has more character development and personality since she is the main protagonist.
- She is good friends with one of her classmates, Tsuyuno Yatsumura.
- She is aware that Kaname was abused by his father for his grueling training for gifted students, and often hear his lamentation in his room.
- Thus, that abuse lead to HIMSELF to endure that by using Aya as a stress relief for the fun of it.
- She also told Kaname that she tried everything to protect him and never wanted him to torn the family apart so that they will happy.
- Thankfully, She prevented other people from misfortune in the new timeline, so that she will have a happy life with them at the end of the series.
- She was able to learn that Kaname and his parents weren't her real family, but it was Yatsumura as her biological twin sister and Makoto Hinomoto as her biological father, who took the form of a 14-year-old classmate of hers at school.
- Her design can be inspired by Ai Enma, from Hell Girl.
- It is said that in the last chapter, that Aya is related to Ki Kogami and Tsukune Fukumoto, the main characters from Magical Girl Apocalypse.