Angelina Jeanette Mousling is the titular character from the British children's book series. Sadly, she was horribly flanderized in the HiT Entertainment adaptation.
Why She's Such a Ballet Disaster Now
Note: This page will only talk about her flanderization in the original animated series and The Next Steps since she was likable in the book series.
- To write down the first problem, her characterization in the animated adaptations by HiT Entertainment has been flanderized from the books quite badly. In contrast to her original book counterpart, who is sweet and cheerful who is very kind to her friends despite her being a whiny drama queen at times, here, in the animated screen adaptations she acts rather rude, mean-spirited, nasty, and horrible, especially if she's jealous. In fact, she is even more of a drama queen in this show. She makes Don Bluth's Thumbelina look like an angel in comparison.
- She had a big meltdown in some episodes, such as "Angelina's Baby Sister" and "The Ballet Dance".
- In "The Silver Locket", she goes into criminal mode and steals her mother's locket without asking, something which Angelina will never do anything nasty in the books.
- She's not good at looking after her cousin Henry or baby sister Polly, especially since she loses Henry at the carnival in "Angelina at the Fair". She bullies them too.
- She can sometimes be a punching bag, even though she does deserve it, like when the Pinkpaw Twins make fun of her and Alice, when she and Alice realize that the tickets to the ballet dance are sold out in "The Ballet Dance", or when Angelina slips on the beads that fell off her necklace in the same episode.
- In Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps, she becomes much blander and also becomes a huge Mary Sue; her fur changes from white to light pink.
- She is shown to be dumb at times and always makes wrong decisions. For example, she put food on the edge of the stacked books and made a big mess in "Miss Lilly Comes to Dinner".
- Like Angelica Pickles, she cries and screams over petty reasons. For example, she cried in "Angelina's Baby Sister" because she thought that her parents don't care about her anymore, and only care about her baby sister Polly, which is not true as her parents love her as much as her sister.
- Her flanderization was so bad to the point where she most likely permanently killed the franchise in 2015.
- Her design is very cute, despite it looking more mediocre in Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps.
- She's much better-behaved in The Next Steps, despite becoming a Mary Sue.
- She was a far better and more tolerable character in the books than in the two TV shows, which makes her flanderization sadder.
- She is still very good at ballet, tap dancing, jazz, classical, ethnic, and rock-n-roll.
- She is likeable in some episodes, such as "The Anniversary Party" for example.
- Her voice actresses, Finty Williams (2001 series) and Charlotte Spencer (The Next Steps), did wonderful jobs voicing her.