Amy (Total Drama Pahkitew Island)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Amy is a female character and is one of the contestants of Total Drama: Pahkitew Island. She was a member of the Pimapotew Kinosewak team. She was one of the main antagonists up until "Twinning Isn't Everything".
Why She (Intentionally) Sucks
- Just like Heather, Courtney, Josee, Taylor, and Sugar, she's an alpha bitch aka mean popular girl, which already makes her really unlikable, but unlike Heather, and to an extent Josee and Taylor, there is no charm to her whatsoever, and makes her come off as a rather heartless and abusive bully, and somewhat of a criminal due to her behavior towards her sister.
- She abuses and humiliates her twin sister, Sammy for no reason. Even worse, she doesn't show any remorse or apologize to her sister. And no, a sarcastic "apology" for landing on her sister doesn't count.
- In her debut, when she got a parachute, she tried to kill Sammy.
- In "So, Uh This is My Team?", she used Sammy as a shield to block herself from the tennis balls Chef was aiming at the contestants.
- In "I Love You, Grease Pig!", she took credit for herself when Topher compliments her for getting the berries. When it was actually Sammy who got them.
- In the same episode, she told her team to not pick Sammy for the greasy obstacle course, since she claimed that she (Sammy) was horrible "at everything".
- In "I Love You Grease Pig", she accuses Sammy for scaring the pig, when it was actually her, showing that Amy blames Sammy for her mistakes, and makes her seem hypocritical in a way, since she called Sammy out on the aforementioned action, yet it was actually Amy who had done so.
- In "Twinning Isn't Everything", when Sammy finally stands up to her, she fake cries to her team, and makes Sammy look like a bad person if front of her team.
- At the ending of "Twinning Isn't Everything", after the balloon pops, she blames Sammy for popping the balloon, and says that she lost for the team, even though Sammy was trying to hit Shawn, who is on the other team, with the balloon, when in actuality, Amy grabbed the balloon, and caused her and Sammy to fight over the balloon to drop at Shawn, meaning Amy pretty much caused her team to lose the challenge.
- In "A Blast from the Past", she unfairly returned to the show, and managed to get both her and Sammy out of the game.
- Her voice (while decent) can get obnoxious sometimes, especially when she whines.
- She has also been shown to be rude to the other "Pahkitew Island" contestants at least once.
- Most of the time, she sometimes gets unpunished for her actions, making her a karma houdini.
- Also, she never got called out by the other contestants (with the exception of Jasmine), which makes her even more unlikable.
- In the WSS#8, when she manipulated the other contestants, they started badmouthing Sammy, making the scene unbearable and mean-spirited to watch.
- For whatever reason, She always act and behave like Trina Riffin from Grojband, minus the anger-influenced Diary Mode.
- Despite the WSS#13, she got her comeuppance in "Twinning Isn't Everything" where Sammy tricked her into eating a poisonous apple, this led her to be unable to speak and get eliminated in Sammy's place as a result, even if she unfairly returned in "A Blast from the Past". This could be seen as a satisfying moment, since Sammy has been bullied and abused by Amy.
- She's surprisingly a good swimmer, as shown in "A Blast from the Past" where she swam all the way to Pahkitew Island.
- Despite her voice getting obnoxious sometimes, Bryn McAuley did a decent job voicing her.
- Sometimes, her quotes are okay, and her one-liners are somewhat good.
- Her design is at least pretty attractive and also passable.
- It could be possible she was made to be a hate-sink.
- Her and Sammy's relationship could be seen as similar to Heather and Lindsay's relationship in the first season, named "Total Drama Island".
- In both interactions, one female abuses another female character (Amy for Sammy), and (Heather for Lindsay).
- At some point, their victims finally snapped at them and got revenge on them at some point.
- However, unlike Lindsay who get respect from other contestants, Sammy gets no respect from anyone other than Jasmine.
- She is the only contestant in the series to be unwillingly put in place after someone else's elimination.
- This has been caused by Sammy, see RQ #1 for more information.
- She is one of the contestants to never receive a symbol of immunity.
- The others being Ezekiel, Noah, Blaineley, Anne Maria, Beardo, and Staci.
- Her and Sammy's relationship could also be seen as similar to Kitty and Emma's relationship in the series' spin-off, "Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race".
- The older sibling (Amy and Emma) often criticizes and underestimating her younger sibling (Sammy and Kitty).
- Unlike Amy, Emma, who despite mostly being harsh with her sister, still loves her, and never abused Kitty and didn't ruin Kitty's reputation with other contestants.
- Trina Riffin (Grojband) had a similar bossy aspect like her.