"Don't let your kids watch it!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: Main character of a horrible movie that promotes pedophilia on minors.
Why She's Not Cute
Important note: This character is extremely controversial for reasons explained below. No positive pointers/section will be permitted on this page. Anyone on this wiki who tries to add redeeming qualities will have their edits reverted. Nobody really likes this character, anyways.
- As for the main problem with the film, Amy is too young to be joining a dance group that relies on twerking, which is believed to be an unrealistic red flag since twerking is considered to be a sexual dance style, and the age of majority is 18. Think about it.
- It's not a bad thing for wanting to be treated as an adult once in a while, but dressing up in revealing outfits and attracting pedophiles and child predators makes her decision even worse if you connect the pieces.
- She is the supposed protagonist that the audience is going to sympathize with or relate to, but the way she was written and portrayed makes it harder to feel bad for her.
- Similar to Brittany Miller from the Alvin and the Chipmunks series, some of her outfits are far too inappropriate and revealing for her age.
- Fathia Youssouf did a weak job portraying her as she sounded like she never wanted to be in the movie in the first place.
- Despite being bullied by Angelica and her friends, Amy still decides to hang out with them only to be one of the popular ones.
- Some would debate that the popular girls influenced her to do immoral things, but Amy did those of her own choice and gets away scot-free:
- Pushed Yasmine into a river while staring blankly as she drowns just so she can replace her in the dance competition.
- Scoffed at her mother as she fell down the stairs.
- Twerking in front of the security guards to go inside laser tag.
- Seduced her older cousin, which is incest (Just think about that for a second!)
- Took her undergarments off, took a nude photo, and shared it on social media.
- Even Angelica, Coumba, and Jess called her out for this, which is justified, but that may only be because it tarnished their reputation.
- Stabbed a classmate with a pencil after being exposed for everything she's done.
- Even if she wasn't poorly written, Amy is still a generic "bullied protagonist" caricature.
- Amy's also a horrible person to both her mom and her younger brother.
- Her redemption felt anti-climactic and forced. After dancing tryouts, she just came to a realization thinking she wanted to become a normal girl and not dress like a prostitute nor dance like a stripper or be a Muslim.
- There wasn't even any build-up as to why she suddenly jumped to this conclusion.
- Even after everything she's done, Amy didn't learn from the consequences of her actions, nor did she even get any comeuppance, making her a karma houdini.
- She doesn't seem to be bothered about the nude photo she shared online.
- She wasn't investigated nor arrested for sharing said photo.
- She didn't get therapy for all the things she did.