Ally, Boz and Sid (Bubsy)
Ally Cassandra, Bozwell "Boz" Buzzard and Sid "Sidney" the Vicious Shrew are the main antagonists from the infamous Bubsy pilot. Boz and Sid would make other appearances in the Bubsy comic book for Bubsy 2 and Bozwell is seen in that game as well.
Why They're Poorly Written Villains
- They are all poorly-written and forgettable rip-offs of both the recurring villains in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (those being Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder) and the mainline villains from 101 Dalmatians (those being Cruella De Vil and her incompetent minions Horace and Jasper).
- Despite them being the main antagonists of this cartoon pilot, they don't really pose that much of a threat to Bubsy and his friends (aside from Bozwell attempting to cook the kids).
- She is basically a cat version rip-off of Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians, but with none of the charm and likability Cruella had.
- She is a very uninteresting and clichéd villain. She is basically the 'rich bitch' type of villain who is full of herself, slightly temperamental, flamboyant, and takes interest in her attention-seeking self-gratification when it comes to being obsessed with beauty, even when it gets very tedious and boring to watch.
- She provides WAY too much exposition for her petty motives, such to the point that her very minions (and the viewers) begin to show how much they don't care what she's saying at all.
- Speaking of which, her villainous plans and ambitions are very pointless. She could just walk to Virgil to be a contestant instead of forcing her minions to steal it for herself.
- Her plan to not answer the door when Bubsy arrives is just useless, especially since someone stupid like Sid would go up to open it anyway.
- She literally scratches her own nails on an actual chalkboard as her form of attack or as an intimidation tactic, twice (which is just downright cruel and malicious for both the characters and the viewers).
- His sarcastic nature comes off as extremely unfunny, forced, and overly elaborate.
- Not to mention that the insults he comes up with are very weak, underdeveloped, or just flat.
- Despite being a whole lot smarter and villainous than Sid, he isn't taken seriously at all (not even when he supposedly served as a threat to Bubsy's nephews when he eventually told them that they're going to be cooked after getting Ally the helmet she wanted).
- Even when he gets understandably defensive over people calling him a "turkey", he slowly begins to act grouchy and cocky to the point of being stale.
- He is a stereotypically dim-witted henchman, who is on the side of evil but is too clueless and aimless to know what he's doing.
- His accident-prone nature is supposed to come off as wacky and comedic gold, but it comes off as unfunny and too mean-spirited to be funny.
- His acts of sheer stupidity are generally forced and unfunny, even more than AoStH's standards with Grounder's idiocy.
- Some good examples of this are moments where he's being too gullible. Like when he gives the helmet to Bubsy after he tricks Sid over a corndog with a fuse and was such a moron, he gave Bubsy his own address to track down Ally.
- Another example occurs at one point during the scene where Ally explains her plan about not opening the door; he goes up to her door and is promptly slammed on by Bubsy as soon as the latter opens the door. Quite a stupid move, huh?
- His gluttonous and absent-minded traits are his sole characteristics, his gluttony being his true weakness.
- Their designs are passable.
- B.J Ward did a pretty good job voicing her.
- Her character design can come off as either appealing, decent or attractive.
- Niel Ross did a decent job voicing him.
- He provided one pretty funny scene of him cooking all of the characters in a giant pot.
- Some viewers can find him funny in a way.
- Jim Cummings did a passable job voicing him.
- He has plenty of entertaining moments here and there.
- There are times when he is sometimes honest.
- These moments include how he believes that Boz's plans have plenty of flaws and how he admits to calling on the phone by mistake (shamelessly no-less!).
- Despite being a crazy idiot, he is the most tolerable character in the trio.