Jump to navigation Jump to search
Alfrid Lickspittle is a minor antagonist in the film adaptations of The Hobbit. He serves as a major antagonist in The Desolation of Smaug and The Battle of the Five Armies.
He is played by Ryan Gage.
Why He Sucks
- He's a dirty money-seeking coward. Especially in Battle of the Five Armies, to the point where he disguised himself as an old woman, but ran for it when the real women came to fight.
- He takes up more screen time than he should, just to remind people how selfish and cowardly he is. As a result he takes screen time away from the other more important characters. For this reason, even people who like the movie dislike him.
- Every time he's given an chance to redeem himself, like Bard ordering him to lead the women and children to safety during a battle, he manages to be an even bigger jerk by pushing them out of his way and refusing to partake in the battle after the womenfolk decide to take matters in their own hands as mentioned above.
- He's gets no punishment for his actions in the main films.
- He's a terrible comic relief.
- He immediately kisses Bard's ass after the death of the former chief, yet before that he was supporting the latter against him.
- He abuses his power and treats the townspeople like garbage.
The Only Redeeming Qualities
- He's an original character who didn't appear in the original novels.
- An unnamed townswoman stood up to him a called him a weasel for being a wimp.