Agnes Skinner, more commonly known as Mrs. Skinner, is a recurring character in The Simpsons, and the strict and bitter mother of Bart and Lisa Simpson's principal, Seymour Skinner. She is very harshly controlling of Seymour, and treats him like a mother would do to a small child, once grounding him because he did not say who was at the door after answering it. She is even the sole reason why Seymour treated the school's students such as his arch-enemy, Bart Simpson, so poorly.
Why She Sucks
- She's extremely stern on her son Seymour (who just happens to be a principal), punishing him for making the simplest mistakes, and controlling his life.
- Her bitter behavior is obvious considering how it's her fault for having Seymour treating the school's students especially his arch-enemy, Bart Simpson, so poorly. There's also the fact that Bart injured Agnes by throwing a lit cherry bomb and flushing it down the toilet, where it exploded.
- She is somewhat of a greedy old lady.
- She is also a shitty excuse for a mother, as she often wishes Seymour didn't exist, despite that logically, Seymour didn't ask to be born.
- In "The Principal and the Pauper" she shut off both of them, and tried to send her real son out of town for good. Yep, she's that mean.
- She hates Seymour's choice in women, especially the teacher, Edna Krabappel.
- Because of her, Seymour went from being a strict school principal to a crying, yet whining middle-aged pussy coward.
- Instead of looking like Seymour's mother, she is more like a dirtbag geezer.
- On more than one occasion she shows that she is infamously infatuated with Seymour.
- She's not just cruel to her son, she's also rude to others around her as well.
- She is a very hypocritical and cynical person with others especially her son.
- She has a horrible, scratchy voice.
- Her relationship with Comic Book Guy in the episode "Worst Episode Ever" is disgusting to several people.
- She was a nice and friendly woman to Seymour in her first appearance, "The Crepes of Wrath" when he gave her a tour around Springfield Elementary, and her cruelty in episodes after this one can be justified due to Bart putting his cherry bomb (which he found when cleaning his room) down the toilet and flushing it - causing said toilet and all the other ones to flood, including the one Agnes was in.
- Like everyone else, her design is passable.