Touma Kamiyama (Kamen Rider Saber)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Touma Kamiyama (神山飛羽真, Kamiyama Tōma) is the main protagonist of Kamen Rider Saber. He is a 24-year-old novelist and bookstore owner who joined the Sword of Logos to fight the Megid as Kamen Rider Saber (仮面ライダーセイバー, Kamen Raidā Seibā).
- He's a very dull protagonist, having no other personality rather than a passionate novelist,
- Apparently he also is interested with different kinds of Books, but hardly ever delves into that aspect.
- And whenever he tries to be comedic it just feels utterly forced, it's just not likely of his character.
- He is also a Gary Stu/Mary Sue character granted he does suffer some minor drawbacks within the initial run, but it doesn't make up as Touma hardly ever experienced outside from a couple of injuries, but not single of them ever turned into a climatic event regarding solely on that aspect, within that you will always expect Touma to be victorious, with zero to little drawbacks.
- His catchphrase "I will decide this story's ending", while it isn't unbearably ear-piercing, is rather pointless and boring to listen to.
- When Touma Regained his lost-memories, it felt really rushed, and missed a perfect opportunity of turning it into a mini-arc that will contribute even further into a successful and impactful character growth.
- His declaration as the S.O.L traitor, was pretty lack-lusting and provided us with some scenes where he's completely out of character, and such as proclaiming that he can no longer trust the Sword of logos even further.
- While he did have a few story-arcs, such as preventing Kento to sacrifice himself to protect the world, while it is a somewhat engaging to watch it was just really to provide character development for Kento and solely for Kento himself.
- Speaking of Kento, despite stating in the storyline that they were childhood friends, but how they present it in the series itself has a strange feeling as the two seems to have barely chemistry in general, as if they were two strangers in a conversation.
- Most of his suit designs are beautifully done, such as Crimson Saber, Dragonic Knight, Primitive Dragon and Cross Saber (despite being a repaint of his original base suit).
- Despite his major flaws, he isn't the worst rider protagonist to exist in the franchise as Chihiro/Kamen Rider Neo Amazons still exists.
- And he is comparingly more tolerable to watch than Chihiro and Takeru Tenkuji/Kamen Rider Ghost (depending on your point of view).
- He still means well, even for Kamen Rider standards, and there are some fans who root for him.