Starscream (Michael Bay pentalogy)
Starscream is a major Decepticon that occurred in the first three films. He was Megatron's 2nd-in-command until he died and was succeeded by Barricade.
He is voiced by Charlie Adler.
Why He Is A Complete Imbecile
- Like Megatron, he has a stale and flat personality and a complete weakling.
- The Cybertronian language on his jet mode (F-22 Raptor) in Revenge of the Fallen was never explained.
- His death by Sam Witwicky was unsatisfactory.
- He was flanderized from being the silly comic relief of the Decepticons to being a huge murdering psychopathic idiot.
- His design is indiscernible to the point that he is considered a scrappy. Not to mention his body can look like a Dorito at times.
- Like most of his incarnations, he was a huge punching bag, making him a Butt-Monkey, but with the charm sucked.
- Even though he is tolerable in the video game adaptation of Transformers: Dark of The Moon, he was the fault for giving away the Decepticon-controlled Siberian Soviet facility to both Autobot and NEST forces after disobeying an order to destroy all the MechTech by capturing one piece of MechTech technology with a tracking system implanted in it.
- For some reason, he didn't help or protect Megatron from Sentinel Prime.
- He somehow can't seem to actually yank Sam off him when his eye was damaged and caught on a grappling hook and even got his other eye caught on a boomstick which led to his wasted and pathetic death.
- The plot-hole about him fighting alongside the Germans in World War I makes no sense.
- In other words, what he has done for his antics and wasted potential was nothing more than in G1 Galvatron's words to describe them, bad comedy.
- In the first Transformers movie, he had a more commander-worthy personality and was more competent than he is in the later two movies.
- This trait of his is also used in the video game adaptations of Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen as he is much more tolerable than how he is in the movie adaptation.
- Like Megatron, he has some of the best and better moments in the video game adaptation of Transformers: Dark of The Moon which he was able to take out many Autobots including Stratosphere.
- Charlie Adler does a good job voicing him.
- It's heavily implied he was the F-22 who attacked Megatron, which is awesome.
- He did spawn a lot of good toys based on him.
- His buzzsaw is pretty cool.