Princess Elise the Third
Princess Elise the Third (Princess Elise or Elise) is a major character in the game Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). She is Sonic's love interest and suffered from her father being killed when she was young.
Why She Sucks
- Elise's biggest flaw is the fact she is excruciatingly bland. She is so one-dimensional and forgettable to the point where it's hard to find any interesting points to bring up about her.
- She is too much of a damsel in distress, but not as much as Princess Peach.
- She serves little to no purpose to be a character in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. She was meant to be Sonic's love interest, which felt incredibly forced and didn't work out as well as it could of. (Human X Anthropomorphic Animal relationships have worked in the past with a natural feeling, like Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit).
- Speaking of which, the moment she became truly universally hated by fans was the infamous scene where she kisses Sonic on the lips when he was dead!
- Her design makes her look like a creepy and lifeless mannequin (sometimes).
- She only exists so that the Sonic franchise would have more human characters.
- She can't defend herself. Even though she has powers, she can't protect herself from being kidnapped, which happens five times! Instead, she decides to let Sonic save her. One could see her as Princess Peach's much blander, forgettable, and helpless counterpart.
- And even IF she couldn't control them, she could at least find something to use as a weapon instead of being the same old Damsel-in-Distress. (but then again, what could she have used as a wepon for defense, so i guess you can't blame her).
- She did have some potential to be a good character, as her backstory is extremely touching and she has some character development.
- Despite being bland, she has a caring and protective demeanor.
- Her theme song is pretty good.
- It's nice to see that she revived Sonic, say what you will about the kiss.
- Her Japanese voice acting is good with Maaya Sakamoto (Same deal with her Engish voice acting with Lacey Chabert).
Princess Elise the Third received largely negative reviews from critics and fans alike, and is one of the notorious criticisms the Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) videogame had received. And because of that, she has become the most hated Sonic the Hedgehog character in the game.