Malekith the Accursed (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
Malekith the Accursed is the main antagonist of the 2013 Marvel film Thor: The Dark World. He is the cruel leader of the Dark Elves (a malevolent race of beings said to be older than the universe itself) who plots to plunge the universe into eternal darkness.
He was portrayed by Christopher Eccleston.
Why He Sucks
- He's a textbook example of a Generic doomsday villain, and one of the least depth characters in the MCU.
- Apparently, his plan was to destroy the universe and return everything to darkness just because light annoys him. Talk about a bland scheme.
- His design, while passable, doesn't look like he has half face in the comics and is just his scar in the right of his face.
- Like a lot of villains in the MCU he only shows up in one movie and is easily defeated.
- He's less of a character in general, and mainly just an excuse for Thor and Loki to work together. At least Loki has an actual personality!
- He gets defeated too easily, as he got crushed by his own Eldritch Starship when it was teleported to him by Selvig.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The writers had intended to flesh out Malekith's character through additional scenes. Too bad those additional scenes had to be cut from the actual film for time.