Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jackson Storm is the "main antagonist" of the 2017 Disney/Pixar animated film, Cars 3. He's a talented racer from the next generation of racers with his crazy unmatched speed.
Why He Sucks
- He comes across as a generic jerk character with little-to-no personality or development. At least Chick Hicks had humor and snarky moments to make him partially entertaining, but Storm has no such traits, making him a pretty weak villain.
- We're supposed to see him as the "main antagonist" even though he just happens to a very talented racer, and never really did anything evil or even tried cheating (except when he tried to slam Cruz Ramirez into the wall, more on this later).
- He's also another portrayal of pre-character development Lightning from the first film or even Chick Hicks but without his own character arc or development. As a result, he's more of a plot device than an actual character.
- Speaking of Lightning, despite that he was an arrogant jerk at first in the first film, at least his actions are nowhere near to villainous, which is what made Jackson such a lame and pathetic villain to begin with.
- Even though he's the supposed "threat", he barely gets any screen time or lines despite how much he was advertised. The irony is, Sterling has more personality than him, and feels more like a threat to the protagonists than Storm.
- There was no proper reason for him to try ramming Cruz into wall towards the end, since even if he lost, he still would have had an impressive winning streak, and the writers just wanted to both make the audience root against him and set up Cruz using Doc's wall flip.
- We never found out what happened to him after the Florida 500.
- At least his car design looks very cool - sort of a mix between a NASCAR Xfinity Series car, a Supercar, and a Le Mans racer.
- He is a bit better in Cars 3: Driven to Win.
- Armie Hammer did a pretty good job voicing him.
- His backstory is pretty heartbreaking, this might be the reason why Storm was extremely bored is that he is depressed and lonely. Click here.
- You can sympathize and explain his behavior is that because he is actually depressed and lonely.