George of the Jungle (2007)
George is the titular main protagonist of the 1967 American cartoon George of the Jungle, both of its movies, and its 2007 remake/reboot of the same name.
He was a good hero and a likable protagonist in the series and movie, but sadly, he was badly flanderized in the 2007 remake/reboot.
Why He Stopped Watching Out For That Tree
- He has gone from a bumbling, lovable, strong hero in the 1967 series, to an annoying, whiny, sulky, moronic and wimpy coward.
- Similar to both Patrick Star (seasons 6-8) and Sheen Estevez (Planet Sheen), he is now incredibly dumb beyond belief and has done a lot of stupid things. To name just a few examples:
- In "Conehead", George gets a rash and must take pink medicine to cure it, but he refuses to and sings a song to his friends about why he thinks it’s good to scratch instead of taking medicine.
- In "Trial By Science", he along with the others, abandon Ursula (Magnolia in season 2) in the jungle, and she slowly goes insane, only to reveal when she gets out that they were just distracting her from her birthday.
- In "Meet Meat", he gets shocked when he finds out meat is made of animals, so he starts eating rocks.
- George may have be dumb and bumbling in the original 1967 series and the two live-action movies, but not to this extent to the point that it gets incredibly irritating and frustrating to watch.
- Both Lee Tockar and Cory Doran did horrible jobs voicing him, especially in the second season, as both actors barely sounded like how Bill Scott originally voiced him in the 1967 cartoon.
- He is extremely immature and never acts his age, which got even worse in the second season. Worse still, by Season 2 he constantly speaks in third person way too often that it gets incredibly annoying.
- His design in the first season is terrible, as he is noticeably thin and scrawny, despite retaining his strength.
- He got worse in the second season, as he is now a literal manchild who speaks in third person with poor vocabulary. His design also got worse (but was likely done to reflect his original 1967 appearance).
- He was a much better character in the original 1967 series as well as the movies.
- His design improved in the second season, as he now has a muscular build just like in the 1967 series.
- He still gives us funny moments.