|Flash Thompson (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
'Sup, Penis Parker!
|Media of Origin:
||Marvel Cinematic Universe
Eugene "Flash" Thompson is a supporting character in the MCU Spider-Man films.
Why He Sucks
- He was changed from being a strong athletic caucasian jock and bully to from a spoiled, rich, Guatemalan rival nerd to Peter Parker.
- He is supposed to be a personal threat to Peter Parker but comes off as a minor annoyance to Peter
- He is a barley does anything in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- His actor Tony Revolori expressed interest to play Agent Venom, but just like Eddie Brock (2007), he isn’t bulky to play Agent Venom.
- In Spider-Man: Far From Home, Brad Davis looks and acts more like Peter’s rival than he does.
- He is really annoying and egotistical, more so than his comic book counterpart and previous live-action iterations.
- He has very little reasons to pick on Peter and insult him on a daily basis.
- He is an “alpha bastard” for being popular for his parties and tormenting Peter and Ned.
- He does get his comeuppance near the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming where Peter took his dad’s car and wrecks it.
- Despite not doing much in Spider-Man: From Home, he is less annoying.
- His final scene in Spider-Man: Far From Home implies that his parents don't pay attention to him, which may be a reason for which why he is a bully.