Dodie Bishop (As Told by Ginger)
Deirdre Hortense "Dodie" Bishop is one of the main characters of the Nickelodeon series As Told by Ginger. She is an ultimate chatterbox and recycled gossip authority, and has been Ginger's best friend since second grade along with Macie Lightfoot.
Why She Sucks
- She is a very unlikable character, and is easily the worst character in the show.
- She has the traits of a mean popular girl, but she’s basically one of the worst examples of that.
- While Miranda is also a mean popular girl, she is very well written and likable for the most part, as she’s a decent friend to Courtney and has become less cruel as the series went on.
- Angelica in "All Grown Up!" is still the mean popular girl she was as a kid, but she has become nicer and more sweet, shows that she loves her family and friends very much, and grows better as a character who is very well written and likable now.
- Meanwhile, Dodie is a very mean girl who doesn’t really help her friends that much and usually hinders them more than anything. And with each episode she appears in, she just gets worse, making her even more unlikable.
- She is very selfish towards others, even towards her own friends sometimes.
- She is very talkative, as she goes in talking and talking and she never shuts up.
- She is very hypocritical, as she sees people, such as Miranda and Mipsy, do bad things and acknowledges that people shouldn’t do those bad things, yet she herself also does some bad things.
- Like the other characters in the show, her character design is very ugly, even by Klasky Csupo standards. Her head looks like a potato, her neck is too long and skinny, she has a hideous hair style and makeup, her mouth has disgusting looking lips that is too low on her face and her eyes look dead and too small (the eyelashes don't help). In fact, she looks like a mutated fish.
- When she became school announcer at her school for a month, she quickly becomes a full-blown gossip columnist, and betrays her best friend, Ginger’s, trust by telling the school her mom doubles as a lice nurse, then proceeds to embarrass the students who do have lice by reading their names over the intercom.
- She reveals to Miranda, a girl who hates Ginger, that Ginger can’t shave her legs, further betraying her friend’s trust just because she wants to fit in (albeit, this horrible action was accidental).
- During one time in her science class, she was so focused on Ginger having a crush on Ian, that she almost blurted this secret out to the entire class, if it wasn’t for Courtney distracting her.
- She gets mad at Ginger for telling Courtney about possibly reconciling with Sasha first, and ended up giving Ginger some bad advice to act on her emotions.
- She was at her absolute worst in "Wicked Game", as she, along with Macie, Miranda, and Mipsy, try to break Ginger and Darren up just because Ginger ignored her.
- Even after this episode and her apology to Ginger, she’s still mean to Darren.
- When she finds out Darren is cheating on Ginger while she was trying out to be on the cheerleader’s team, she doesn’t tell her friend just so she wouldn’t hurt her chances of being a cheerleader.
- She is a very shallow and toxic person, as she’s obsessed with being popular, does anything it takes to be with the popular kids, even if it means hurting her friends’ feelings and their trust.
- Aspen Miller did a pretty good job voicing Dodie, despite her being talkative and never shutting up.
- She does have some funny moments, like how her attempts of popularity always fail.
- She does fail at her attempts of popularity and gets comeuppance for her bad actions, so you can argue that she’s not a Karma Houdini in the slightest.
- She does care for her friends and family deep down, and will help them sometimes.
- She sometimes does regret what she has done, such as apologizing to Ginger in "Wicked Game".
- She is likable in the beginning as she’s a nice and kind girl to her friends and others.
- She can also be likable sometimes, such as in "And She Was Gone", when she was worried about Ginger after she writes a disturbing poem, and "A Lesson in Tightropes" when she comforts and visits Ginger in the hospital after Ginger’s break up with Darren and Ginger going through surgery, and "Stuff'll Kill Ya", where she worries about Ginger while Ginger was dealing with a coffee and caffeine addiction.
- She was at her best in "The Wedding Frame", where she was a good friend to Ginger and helped her friends out during the mystery on who was trying to sabotage Lois (Ginger’s mom) and Dave’s wedding. The future shown at the end of the episode shows her being married to Chet and have a cute daughter together.