Denzel Crocker (seasons 9 and 10)
"FAIRY GODPARENTS!'" — Denzel Crocker
This is a good article.
I am SO disappointed in you young lady! You were the only student in this class who hadn't been attacking me with SCORPIONS!! To the principal with you! Your perfect record, HAS BEEN DESTROYED FOREVER! (cries) Mother!" - Denzel Crocker to Chloe after being surprised by an apple disguised with vicious scorpions
Denzel Crocker, also known as Mr. Crocker, is one of the two main antagonists (alongside Vicky) in The Fairly OddParents and is voiced by Carlos Alazraqui.
Sadly, he had received massive amounts of flanderization from season 9 until the show's cancellation.
Why He Deserved an "F"-
- He went from being a crazed teacher wishing to prove to the world that fairies exist, into a carbon copy of Cosmo and Mr. Turner combined.
- He is also an incompetent and idiotic villain as well, most notably in the episode "Return of the L.O.S.E.R.S.".
- Speaking of which, in its sister episode, "The Fair Bears", he immediately believes Chloe Carmichael into thinking that the Fair Bears are fairies because, you know, Little Miss Perfect knows best, right?
- His backstory as a child of how he originally lost his fairies has been completely changed. On that note, his child self went from a passionate, loveable, and brave kid who wanted to help others into an egoistic brat, much like Timmy Turner had become.
- Like Cosmo and Mr. Turner, he became a 'too dumb to live' type character.
- Along with Mr. Turner, he is severely overused because he became the creator's pet for cheap laughs.
- He acts like an immature jokester of a manchild similar to Mr. Turner in several episodes such as "Desperate Without Housewives", "Animal Crockers", "[[:wikia:thefairlyoddparents:One Flu Over the Crocker's Nest|One Flu Over the Crocker's Nest", "Married to the Mom", "[[:wikia:thefairlyoddparents:Crockin' The House|Crockin' The House", "Certifiable Super Sitter", "Goldie-Crocks and the Three Fair Bears", etc.
- He seems to be the only villain aside from Foop who the writers always favored over almost all the other villains.
- His gags have gone from mostly entertaining to irritating.
- His character slowly started to derail beginning in season 7, with season 8's "Timmy's Secret Wish!" marking the true beginning of his character's downfall. In that episode, he helps Timmy return to Fairy World, only for him to be in the background and make running jokes for the remainder of the episode.
- Speaking of which, the episodes "Timmy's Secret Wish!", "When Losers Attack", "Scary GodCouple", "Return of the L.O.S.E.R.S", "Clark Laser", and "Crockin' The House" as well as the TV movie "A Fairly Odd Summer" have him socially interacting with Foop in a rather positive and friendly matter, despite the fact that he is an anti-fairy, which is almost the same as the regular fairies. This is a totally missed opportunity for Mr. Crocker to confront and hunt the anti-fairies (and even other species like the pixies to an extent) in general, which could have allowed for a more creative, interesting, and ambitious plot.
- In season 10, his original personality is completely gone with the exception of "Fairly Con" and "Chip Off the Old Crock!".
- Speaking of the latter episode, we are introduced to Kevin Crocker, his nephew, who is more-or-less a miniature version of Denzel himself. Don't we already have his mother for that?
- Kevin's high-pitched voice when compared to Denzel is also annoying to listen to as well.
- The humor surrounding him living with his mother is also too exaggerated in some episodes, such as "Booby Trapped".
- Despite being the "main antagonist" since season 7, he is mostly just written and portrayed as a filler or comic relief/running joke character (or otherwise, an incompetent idiot who constantly screws up his plans to catch fairies properly), much like Mr. Turner, and his original personality was only there when the plot demands it.
- His ears being located on his neck still makes him look rather hideous in appearance, especially if close-up. We know it's meant to represent his personality, but still.
- He was a better villain in the first six seasons, although it is questionable whether he was in character or not in seasons 7 and 8.
- He still has original personality and hilarious moments in several episodes.
- He is still a tragic character deep down due to the events of "The Secret Origin of Denzel Crocker" from season 3, which makes his flanderization even sadder.
- Carlos Alazraqui still does a very well job voicing him, and even plays him in The Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odder.