Template:CharacterInfobox Dani Ramos is a protagonist in Terminator: Dark Fate. She is the leader of the human resistance like John Connor was before. Unfortunately, having John Connor die so she could replace him turned out to be a bad idea.
Why She Is Not the Chosen One
- She just exists to be a "muh diversity" tick box.
- John Connor was killed off for the sole reason of putting her in. Director Tim Miller's excuse is that he doesn't believe in stories about the "Chosen One". The problem here is that Dani is redundantly just another "Chosen One". It also means there's no reason for us to care about Dani. If she can replace John, then some other "Chosen One" can replace her as well. This makes Tim Miller look like a huge hypocrite.
- She's just a female rip-off of John Connor.
- Her personality is that of a stereotypical teenage girl.
- Her announcement to stand up against Rev-9 is considered one of the laughable moments of the film.
- She doesn't even think of stopping Legion in the present as John Connor did with Skynet.
- Natalia Reyes plays her well.
- She deeply loved her younger brother, Diego, and was genuinely distraught when he was killed.