|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: infobox is missing
Batman, also known as Bruce Wayne, is a character from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Universe which started with the miniseries Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. While maintaining much of his mainstream counterpart's qualities, even with the dark nature of the narratives.
This will only be focusing on his characterization from the comic, All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder, who in turn is a sociopathic "hero" that is hated by Batman fans and critics alike.
Why He Is Gotham's Worst Detective
- To get the bat out of the window, similar in vein to the infamous 2011 pilot version of Wonder Woman, Batman is horribly reimagined to be an unheroic, sociopathic "hero", who broke his morals of killing and brutalizing people (particularly criminals) and kidnaps future sidekicks by abusing them instead of adopting them, something that the mainstream counterpart of him would never do.
- Instead of adopting Dick Grayson, the first original Robin, Batman just kidnaps him from corrupted police officers and doesn't bother taking said officers to custody.
- His dialogue is incredibly crappy such as naming himself the "goddamn Batman", which became an internet meme. While other words in his dialogue that he would never say was with “cool”.
- He never takes off his mask once until issue 9.
- He is considered to be the most villainous incarnation of the caped crusader whom some fans would consider him to be a new member for Barbatos and his Dark Knights from Dark Nights Metal, if it were.
- He never goes to sleep for weeks and focuses more on crimefighting, making him a self-centered rich brat who barely cares about his family's wealth or Alfred's feelings for him as a father figure.
- He barely tries to take Jocko-Boy Vanzetti (the man who shot Dick Grayson/ Robin's parents in this universe) to the GCPD, instead he just.... throws him in the river.
- He verbally injures criminals, but not in a good way, along with crashing through cars.
- Whenever he smiles evilly, this makes him much eviler than the Joker, who is also the "real" main antagonist of that comic.
- He even becomes even more murderous when he uses bleach to burn criminals alive while he and Black Canary make out, making Batman cheat on Catwoman and Vicki Vale.
- As much as he acts, Louis "Linkara" Louvhog would point out that this Batman isn't Bruce Wayne and might be some imposter named "Crazy Steve", who took his batsuit.
- Violently tortured Green Lantern when he and Robin paint themselves in yellow.
- He even has GUNS in the Batcave, something his mainstream counterpart would never use but as museum props.
- He views Superman and other superheroes as incompetent.
- He treats Alfred, who is a father-figure and butler, like a harmless slave to him.
- He is also responsible for turning Dick into the "new" Joker which was hinted at and shown in Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Strikes Again before All Star Batman and Robin, The Boy Wonder was made after 3 years to fill in the blanks of Dick Grayson's whereabouts.
- His design is great and is much like what Jim Lee's Batman looked since Batman: Hush.
- In issue 9, he does feel sorry for Dick about his dead parents and does hug him in a cemetery where Dick's parents were buried.
- He is better in the older comics.